Poof! Harry Potter park to appear in Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (AP) -December 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Universal Studios says it will spend several hundred million dollars to build a Harry Potter attraction inside its existing Hollywood theme park, mimicking the success of a similar park in Orlando, Fla.
The attraction will create more than 1,000 jobs at Universal and even more from an expected boost in tourism.
At the same time, Orlando's Wizarding World of Harry Potter will get an expansion.
Since the Harry Potter attraction opened in Florida in June of last year, attendance has jumped by around 50 percent.
Universal executives did not immediately detail their plans for the Hollywood park.
Universal is a unit of Comcast Corp.
harry potter, hollywood, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow is turning the ground white again! 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow is turning the ground white again!
1 min ago