Rapper 50 Cent releasing fitness book, food guide
NEW YORK (AP) - December 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- 50 Cent has rapped about getting rich. Now he's focusing on getting fit.
The hip-hop star is putting out a fitness book that's set to be published in January 2013 by Avery Books. Titled "Formula 50: A 6-Week Total Body Transformation Plan," the book will tout metabolic resistance training as the key to getting in shape. It will also include a nutrition guide.
The buff rapper says he wants to help people "make positive changes and take charge of their overall health."
"Formula 50" will be the latest credit for 50 Cent as an author. He recently released the teen novel "Playground" and also wrote "Pieces to Weight, The 50th Law."
The rapper's latest book will be co-written by Jeff O'Connell, editor-in-chief of Bodybuilding.com.
50 cent, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness