Adele tops iTunes song, album charts on 2011 sales
NEW YORK (AP) - December 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Adele dominated music this year, and iTunes was no exception.
The British songstress had iTunes' best-selling album and song, and she was named its top artist.
Adele's "21" album was the most popular, followed by "Sigh No More" by Mumford & Sons, Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter IV," Jay-Z and Kanye West's "Watch the Throne" and Coldplay's "Mylo Xyloto."
Adele's No. 1 hit "Rolling in the Deep" was the best-selling song. At No. 2 was LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem," followed by Katy Perry's" Firework," Bruno Mars' "Grenade" and Cee Lo Green's "Forget You."
"Angry Birds" was the top paid iPhone and iPad app.
adele, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 45 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 35 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 6 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos