Adele tops iTunes song, album charts on 2011 sales
NEW YORK (AP) - December 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Adele dominated music this year, and iTunes was no exception.
The British songstress had iTunes' best-selling album and song, and she was named its top artist.
Adele's "21" album was the most popular, followed by "Sigh No More" by Mumford & Sons, Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter IV," Jay-Z and Kanye West's "Watch the Throne" and Coldplay's "Mylo Xyloto."
Adele's No. 1 hit "Rolling in the Deep" was the best-selling song. At No. 2 was LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem," followed by Katy Perry's" Firework," Bruno Mars' "Grenade" and Cee Lo Green's "Forget You."
"Angry Birds" was the top paid iPhone and iPad app.
adele, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 9 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years 27 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 37 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire