Hulk Hogan files defamation suit against ex-wife
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - December 9. 2011 (WPVI) -- Wrestler Hulk Hogan is suing his ex-wife, claiming she lied and defamed him in her new book.
The St. Petersburg Times (http://bit.ly/v6NBU4 ) reports that Hogan - whose real name is Terry Bollea - filed the lawsuit Thursday in Clearwater, Fla.
The 18-page lawsuit claims Linda Bollea wrote "Wrestling the Hulk - My Life Against the Ropes" to help revive her career. She wrote that her husband abused her during their marriage and had homosexual encounters.
Terry Bollea says the claims have harmed his reputation. He's demanding a jury trial and a halt to his ex-wife's comments. He says she has also made claims during promotional interviews on national television.
Linda Bollea received more than 70 percent of the couple's assets in their recent divorce settlement.
divorce, lawsuit, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus 1 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
16 min ago