Hulk Hogan files defamation suit against ex-wife
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - December 9. 2011 (WPVI) -- Wrestler Hulk Hogan is suing his ex-wife, claiming she lied and defamed him in her new book.
The St. Petersburg Times (http://bit.ly/v6NBU4 ) reports that Hogan - whose real name is Terry Bollea - filed the lawsuit Thursday in Clearwater, Fla.
The 18-page lawsuit claims Linda Bollea wrote "Wrestling the Hulk - My Life Against the Ropes" to help revive her career. She wrote that her husband abused her during their marriage and had homosexual encounters.
Terry Bollea says the claims have harmed his reputation. He's demanding a jury trial and a halt to his ex-wife's comments. He says she has also made claims during promotional interviews on national television.
Linda Bollea received more than 70 percent of the couple's assets in their recent divorce settlement.
divorce, lawsuit, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc 41 min ago
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos