Hulk Hogan files defamation suit against ex-wife
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - December 9. 2011 (WPVI) -- Wrestler Hulk Hogan is suing his ex-wife, claiming she lied and defamed him in her new book.
The St. Petersburg Times (http://bit.ly/v6NBU4 ) reports that Hogan - whose real name is Terry Bollea - filed the lawsuit Thursday in Clearwater, Fla.
The 18-page lawsuit claims Linda Bollea wrote "Wrestling the Hulk - My Life Against the Ropes" to help revive her career. She wrote that her husband abused her during their marriage and had homosexual encounters.
Terry Bollea says the claims have harmed his reputation. He's demanding a jury trial and a halt to his ex-wife's comments. He says she has also made claims during promotional interviews on national television.
Linda Bollea received more than 70 percent of the couple's assets in their recent divorce settlement.
divorce, lawsuit, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Runway littered with holiday mail 58 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 50 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 15 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 31 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 7 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
58 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
50 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
13 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
31 min ago