Judge orders man to stay away from Kirsten Dunst
LOS ANGELES (AP) - December 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- A judge on Friday granted Kirsten Dunst a temporary restraining order against a French man who has repeatedly written to the actress and traveled to Los Angeles at least five times to try to meet her.
Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson ordered Jean Christophe Prudhon of Dijon, France, to stay 100 yards away from the "Spider-Man" star and to stop trying to contact her.
In letters accompanying Dunst's petition, Prudhon wrote that he sold his home in France so he could continue to travel to meet Dunst, who has not responded to any of his more than 50 letters. He wrote that he is in love with the actress and that he has repeatedly waited outside Dunst's home to try to meet her and has been mistaken for a paparazzo.
"I am frightened for my safety, as well as the safety of my family and friends who visit my home," Dunst wrote in a court filing. "I am worried that Mr. Prudhon will escalate his conduct further, putting myself and my family in danger."
Dunst's mother, Inez Dunst, wrote in a sworn declaration that she was alarmed by Prudhon's appearance when he came to her door last week trying to meet the actress. Inez Dunst said she knew who he was because he has repeatedly sent her daughter letters over the years.
It could not be immediately determined if Prudhon, 51, was represented by a lawyer, and attempts to locate him for comment were unsuccessful.
The actress, who recently appeared in the film "Melancholia," wrote in a court filing that her security personnel told Prudhon to stay away, but he has refused.
Goodson will consider whether to grant a three-year restraining order at a Dec. 21 hearing.
los angeles, stalking, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 12 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 1 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos