Oscars tap Zimmer, Williams as music consultants
LOS ANGELES (AP) -December 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- An Oscar-winning composer and Grammy-winning rapper will handle the music at the 84th annual Academy Awards.
Producers said Thursday that Hans Zimmer and Pharrell Williams will serve as the show's music consultants. Neither musician has worked on the Oscars before.
Zimmer won an Oscar for the original score for 1994's "The Lion King." The 54-year-old composer has another eight nominations for scoring films such as "Inception," "Gladiator" and "Rain Man."
Williams is a rapper and producer who has recorded with Jay-Z, Britney Spears, Snoop Dogg, Justin Timberlake and Beyonce. The 38-year-old has won three Grammy Awards.
Oscar telecast producers Don Mischer and Brian Grazer called the pairing of Zimmer and Williams an exciting and prestigious collaboration.
The Academy Awards will be presented Feb. 26, 2012.
oscars, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 22 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 39 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar