Hollywood Buzz: Elizabeth Taylor, Men in Black, Barry Manilow
December 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Barry Manilow is hospitalized, Elizabeth Taylor's jewels go up for auction
Elizabeth Taylor's jewels being auctioned
White Diamonds may have been her fragrance, but /*Elizabeth Taylor*/'s real diamonds are on the auction block. Sotheby's began auctioning Taylor's jewelry today in New York. Among the items, a 33-carat diamond ring given to her by Richard Burton. It could go for $2.5 to $3.5 million. Taylor died in March at the age of 79. Part of the proceeds will go to Elizabeth Taylor's AIDS foundation.
"We Bought a Zoo"
This film is a true story starring /*Matt Damon*/ as a single father and /*Scarlett Johansson*/ as the head zookeeper.
"One of the craziest things that Matt and I had to do was wrangle all these buckets of snakes," Johansson said. "I get there on the set that day and everyone's kind of standing on this giant handful of snakes like, 'Here we are. How are we going to shoot this?' and I was like, 'Uh, it's me. I'm the zookeeper. I get it.'"
"At the beginning, I went, 'Like, really, Scarlett is going to be the person working at the zoo?'" Damon said. "I knew her from her work but also magazine covers, she's this incredibly glamorous woman."
"We Bought a Zoo" hits theaters December 23rd.
"Men in Black III"
The trailer for "Men in Black III" was just released, showing *Will Smith*/'s character jumping back in time. It's a first look at the film, which started production in September. You can watch the "Men in Black III" trailer here. The franchise will return to theaters in may.
Barry Manilow hospitalized
/*Barry Manilow*/ is in the hospital for hip surgery. A spokeswoman says doctors will remove fluid and repair torn muscles. The 68-year-old is expected to recover for six weeks before getting back on stage in February.
6at4, hollywood, elizabeth taylor, barry manilow, matt damon, scarlett johansson, will smith, entertainment
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- One Fine Friday!
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County
- Mother charged with assaulting student at school
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Man wanted for exposing himself in Montco
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- Reading family loses son to swinging rope game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos