France: Carla Bruni makes 1st post-baby appearance
PARIS (AP) - December 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- French first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy has made her first public appearance since giving birth to a little girl in October.
Bruni-Sarkozy handed out presents to children at the traditional Christmas celebration at the Elysee presidential palace. The first lady, dressed in a fringed beige poncho, did not have baby Giulia with her Wednesday.
Born Oct. 19, Giulia Sarkozy is the first baby born to a sitting French president.
Bruni-Sarkozy, a former supermodel turned singer, and her husband, conservative French President Nicolas Sarkozy, have remained coy about the baby.
Though gossip magazines splashed photos of Bruni-Sarkozy leaving the clinic with the baby on their covers, the first couple has yet to release an official photo of their daughter.
carla bruni, france, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 58 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 6 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
1 min ago