France: Carla Bruni makes 1st post-baby appearance
PARIS (AP) - December 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- French first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy has made her first public appearance since giving birth to a little girl in October.
Bruni-Sarkozy handed out presents to children at the traditional Christmas celebration at the Elysee presidential palace. The first lady, dressed in a fringed beige poncho, did not have baby Giulia with her Wednesday.
Born Oct. 19, Giulia Sarkozy is the first baby born to a sitting French president.
Bruni-Sarkozy, a former supermodel turned singer, and her husband, conservative French President Nicolas Sarkozy, have remained coy about the baby.
Though gossip magazines splashed photos of Bruni-Sarkozy leaving the clinic with the baby on their covers, the first couple has yet to release an official photo of their daughter.
carla bruni, france, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police seek missing woman and her baby 27 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found 46 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 46 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's