Katy Perry named MTV's artist of the year
NEW YORK (AP) - December 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- FIRST LINE
Katy Perry beats out Adele for MTV's artist of the year. Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" was MTV's top song of the year.
Nicki Minaj and "Super Bass" and Rihanna's "We Found Love" were top contenders as well. Skrillex beats out David Guetta for the electronic dance music artist of the year.
MTV's different networks and online sites had done year-end lists in the past, but this is the first time MTV brought it all together.
katy perry, mtv, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 death reported in East Harlem building explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 21 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 55 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
37 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
33 min ago