Kid Rock, Detroit church donate gifts to needy
DETROIT (AP) -Decenber 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Kid Rock is teaming up with a Detroit church to give away hundreds of gift baskets and retail gift certificates to needy families in the area where he got his start and still calls home.
The musician's nonprofit organization joined Hartford Memorial Baptist Church on Wednesday to distribute 100 gift certificates for Meijer retail and grocery stores, along with more than 300 gift baskets.
Kid Rock, who was born Robert Ritchie, grew up and lives in suburban Detroit. He and the Kid Rock Foundation have been honored this year for their philanthropic contributions by Goodfellows Detroit and the NAACP's Detroit branch.
Kid Rock is known for dabbling in various musical styles, from hip-hop and hard rock to country and Southern rock.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 10 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 57 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 5 min ago
- Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
5 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos