Finnish police detain Lambert after bar brawl
HELSINKI (AP) - December 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Finnish police say they detained Adam Lambert after he assaulted people who tried to break up a fight between the former "American Idol" star and his boyfriend in downtown Helsinki.
Detective Superintendent Petri Juvonen said the fight spread from a popular gay bar early Thursday into the street where Lambert was suspected of hitting two people who tried to break it up.
Juvonen said that Lambert's boyfriend, "Finnish Big Brother" star Sauli Koskinen, also was held for questioning. He said no weapons were used, no one was seriously hurt and that it was not "a very serious incident."
Police said the two men were released after a few hours and that no further action would be taken.
adam lambert, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 15 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 21 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 1 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos