Lawyers for Sheen's ex-wife fear media frenzy
ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - December 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Attorneys for Charlie Sheen's ex-wife want to stop what they expect to be a media frenzy when she appears in court on drug and assault charges.
Attorneys asked a judge to deny a live Internet feed from the courtroom requested by TMZ Productions when Brooke Mueller appears on Jan. 23.
The 34-year-old Mueller faces a felony charge of possession of cocaine with intent to distribute and a misdemeanor assault charge.
She was arrested Dec. 3 after a woman reported being assaulted at a nightclub.
The Aspen Times reported that police found between four and five grams of cocaine when they contacted Mueller.
Sheen and Mueller divorced earlier this year after Sheen was arrested on suspicion of assaulting her in 2009. He completed his probation in November 2010.
charlie sheen, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 7 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 32 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 24 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 51 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ