Lawyers for Sheen's ex-wife fear media frenzy
ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - December 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Attorneys for Charlie Sheen's ex-wife want to stop what they expect to be a media frenzy when she appears in court on drug and assault charges.
Attorneys asked a judge to deny a live Internet feed from the courtroom requested by TMZ Productions when Brooke Mueller appears on Jan. 23.
The 34-year-old Mueller faces a felony charge of possession of cocaine with intent to distribute and a misdemeanor assault charge.
She was arrested Dec. 3 after a woman reported being assaulted at a nightclub.
The Aspen Times reported that police found between four and five grams of cocaine when they contacted Mueller.
Sheen and Mueller divorced earlier this year after Sheen was arrested on suspicion of assaulting her in 2009. He completed his probation in November 2010.
charlie sheen, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 49 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 20 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville
- Pa. primary will settle municipal, judicial, races 41 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
49 min ago