Queen to host royals' Christmas, Kate's first
LONDON (AP) - December 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Queen Elizabeth II's extended family will gather at Sandringham Estate for a traditional holiday weekend that will mark Kate Middleton's first Christmas as a royal.
Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge, will be at the rural estate with her husband, Prince William, and other senior royals, including Prince Philip, the queen's husband, Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, and Prince Harry.
The queen will also deliver her prerecorded Christmas message that will be broadcast throughout much of the world.
Palace officials said Friday the family will mark Christmas with a church service on the estate grounds.
The queen is preparing to mark her Diamond Jubilee year marking 60 years on the throne. Extensive celebrations are planned.(
queen elizabeth, prince charles, prince william, prince harry, kate middleton, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 10 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 5 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 12 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 14 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 38 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier