Queen to host royals' Christmas, Kate's first
LONDON (AP) - December 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Queen Elizabeth II's extended family will gather at Sandringham Estate for a traditional holiday weekend that will mark Kate Middleton's first Christmas as a royal.
Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge, will be at the rural estate with her husband, Prince William, and other senior royals, including Prince Philip, the queen's husband, Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, and Prince Harry.
The queen will also deliver her prerecorded Christmas message that will be broadcast throughout much of the world.
Palace officials said Friday the family will mark Christmas with a church service on the estate grounds.
The queen is preparing to mark her Diamond Jubilee year marking 60 years on the throne. Extensive celebrations are planned.(
queen elizabeth, prince charles, prince william, prince harry, kate middleton, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 9 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate 1 min ago
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris 48 min ago
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place 49 min ago
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
9 min ago