Authorities: Eazy-E's son not killed in car wreck
ANNONA, Texas (AP) - January 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Texas authorities say they mistakenly identified the son of the late NWA frontman Eazy-E as one of eight people killed in a two-car collision.
Department of Public Safety Trooper Ryan Case said Saturday that Eric Wright Jr.'s name was on a rental agreement for one of the cars that collided Friday in East Texas. He says Wright was mistakenly listed as killed but actually was not involved in the wreck.
Wright, who raps under the stage name is Lil' Eazy-E, posted on Twitter that close friends died. Those killed in the rental car were: Debra Thompson of Long Beach, Calif.; and Curtis Sanders, Michael Mathis, Lawrence Bridnac III, of Compton, Calif.
Those killed in the other car were 29-year-old Sonia de la Torre, of Annona, and her three young children.
texas, accident, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in New Jersey Turnpike chase 44 min ago
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 26 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds 32 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list