Aretha Franklin is engaged to longtime friend
NEW YORK - January 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Aretha Franklin is engaged to longtime friend William "Willie" Wilkerson.
The Grammy-winning singer told The Associated Press in a statement Monday that she and Wilkerson are considering a summer wedding, perhaps in Miami Beach, Fla. The Queen of Soul wants to follow the ceremony with a reception on a private yacht.
The 69-year-old jokes: "No, I'm not pregnant."
Franklin and Wilkerson became engaged over the holidays.
She is considering Vera Wang, Valentino and Donna Karan to design her dress.
Franklin has been married twice before.
aretha franklin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 51 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 10 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in