Aretha Franklin is engaged to longtime friend
NEW YORK - January 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Aretha Franklin is engaged to longtime friend William "Willie" Wilkerson.
The Grammy-winning singer told The Associated Press in a statement Monday that she and Wilkerson are considering a summer wedding, perhaps in Miami Beach, Fla. The Queen of Soul wants to follow the ceremony with a reception on a private yacht.
The 69-year-old jokes: "No, I'm not pregnant."
Franklin and Wilkerson became engaged over the holidays.
She is considering Vera Wang, Valentino and Donna Karan to design her dress.
Franklin has been married twice before.
aretha franklin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Up to $50K stolen in Target armed robbery 4 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 39 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!