Actress Zooey Deschanel files for divorce in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Zooey Deschanel has filed for divorce from her rocker husband of two years.
The actress filed for divorce in Los Angeles on Dec. 27 from Ben Gibbard, citing irreconcilable differences. The former couple announced they had broken up in November.
The 31-year-old actress stars in the Fox sitcom "New Girl" and was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for her performance. Gibbard is the lead singer of the rock band Death Cab for Cutie, which released the album "Codes and Keys" in May.
Deschanel and Gibbard were married in September 2009 and have no children together.
Deschanel's publicist has said that the couple's split was "amicable."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 4 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 1 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 4 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade 18 min ago
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
57 min ago