Audra McDonald and Will Swenson are engaged
NEW YORK (AP) - January 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wedding bells are in the cards for Tick and Bess.
Audra McDonald, the Tony Award actress who currently stars as half of Broadway's "Porgy and Bess," and Will Swenson, who plays Tick in "Priscilla Queen of the Desert: The Musical," were engaged on New Year's Day.
"Thanks for all of the sweet congrats on our engagement," McDonald tweeted Tuesday. "We're super happy and excited."
A publicist for McDonald on Wednesday said the couple isn't releasing any further details out of respect for their privacy.
It will be the second marriage for both.
Forty-one-year-old McDonald is mom to 10-year-old Zoe Madeline from a previous marriage to bassist Peter Donovan. Thirty-eight-year-old Swenson has two sons, Bridger and Sawyer, with ex-wife Amy Westerby.
theater, broadway, marriage, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in police involved shootings 20 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured 14 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 52 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years