Audra McDonald and Will Swenson are engaged
NEW YORK (AP) - January 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wedding bells are in the cards for Tick and Bess.
Audra McDonald, the Tony Award actress who currently stars as half of Broadway's "Porgy and Bess," and Will Swenson, who plays Tick in "Priscilla Queen of the Desert: The Musical," were engaged on New Year's Day.
"Thanks for all of the sweet congrats on our engagement," McDonald tweeted Tuesday. "We're super happy and excited."
A publicist for McDonald on Wednesday said the couple isn't releasing any further details out of respect for their privacy.
It will be the second marriage for both.
Forty-one-year-old McDonald is mom to 10-year-old Zoe Madeline from a previous marriage to bassist Peter Donovan. Thirty-eight-year-old Swenson has two sons, Bridger and Sawyer, with ex-wife Amy Westerby.
theater, broadway, marriage, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing 39 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 52 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 7 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 5 min ago
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
52 min ago