Loretta Lynn postpones 2 shows to heal her knee
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Country legend Loretta Lynn has rescheduled her first two shows of the year to give her knee more time to heal.
The 76-year-old singer underwent total knee replacement surgery in the fall and suffered from pneumonia.
Daughter Patsy Lynn Russell tells The Associated Press that Lynn's doctor thought she needed a couple more weeks of physical therapy to return to top form. Russell says her mother has been busy rehearsing with her band and preparing for her 2012 tour.
According to Russell, Lynn said she is feeling so good, she "might even put her dancing jig back in the show."
Lynn was scheduled to perform in Ashland, Ky, and Durham, N.C., this weekend. Those shows will now take place in February and April, respectively. Lynn's next gig is Jan. 21 in Miami, Okla.
music, tennessee, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 47 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos