Tiger's ex-wife building new home in Florida
NORTH PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) -January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- The oceanfront mansion Tiger Woods' ex-wife purchased for $12.3 million has been demolished and she is planning to build a new home.
The Palm Beach Post reports that Elin Nordegren plans to build on the North Palm Beach lot she bought last year. The lot is about 140 miles southeast of Woods' home in Orlando.
The newspaper reports the mansion that was demolished was a two-story, 17,000-square-foot-home built in 1932. It had a swimming pool and an elevator.
Realtor John True of Oceanfront Realty says the lot is in the Seminole Landing development, among the most exclusive in Palm Beach County.
Nordegren divorced Woods in 2010 after learning he had a string of affairs during their five-year marriage. She has custody of their two children.
tiger woods, florida, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle 29 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
29 min ago