Judge orders man to stay away from Selena Gomez
BURBANK, Calif. (AP) - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A civil judge has granted Selena Gomez a three-year restraining order against a man accused of stalking the singer-actress.
Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart granted the stay-away order Friday in Burbank, Calif. The order requires Thomas Brodnicki to stay away from the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star and not attempt to contact her.
Another judge dropped a felony stalking charge against the 46-year-old last year after determining prosecutors hadn't proven he had caused fear in the star. Stewart twice delayed issuing a civil order until Brodnicki had an opportunity to respond.
The judge noted Friday that Gomez had reasonable cause to be afraid of Brodnicki, who threatened to kill the 19-year-old while on a psychiatric hold.
Gomez did not appear at Wednesday's hearing.
selena gomez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 47 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 36 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 49 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 41 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
49 min ago