Judge orders man to stay away from Selena Gomez
BURBANK, Calif. (AP) - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A civil judge has granted Selena Gomez a three-year restraining order against a man accused of stalking the singer-actress.
Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart granted the stay-away order Friday in Burbank, Calif. The order requires Thomas Brodnicki to stay away from the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star and not attempt to contact her.
Another judge dropped a felony stalking charge against the 46-year-old last year after determining prosecutors hadn't proven he had caused fear in the star. Stewart twice delayed issuing a civil order until Brodnicki had an opportunity to respond.
The judge noted Friday that Gomez had reasonable cause to be afraid of Brodnicki, who threatened to kill the 19-year-old while on a psychiatric hold.
Gomez did not appear at Wednesday's hearing.
selena gomez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 44 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 26 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 41 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 1 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 27 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
44 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
41 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
42 min ago
- Person, cat rescued from New Castle fire
43 min ago