Judge orders man to stay away from Selena Gomez
BURBANK, Calif. (AP) - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A civil judge has granted Selena Gomez a three-year restraining order against a man accused of stalking the singer-actress.
Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart granted the stay-away order Friday in Burbank, Calif. The order requires Thomas Brodnicki to stay away from the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star and not attempt to contact her.
Another judge dropped a felony stalking charge against the 46-year-old last year after determining prosecutors hadn't proven he had caused fear in the star. Stewart twice delayed issuing a civil order until Brodnicki had an opportunity to respond.
The judge noted Friday that Gomez had reasonable cause to be afraid of Brodnicki, who threatened to kill the 19-year-old while on a psychiatric hold.
Gomez did not appear at Wednesday's hearing.
selena gomez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 18 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 44 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 5 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 10 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 58 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos