Judge orders man to stay away from Selena Gomez
BURBANK, Calif. (AP) - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A civil judge has granted Selena Gomez a three-year restraining order against a man accused of stalking the singer-actress.
Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart granted the stay-away order Friday in Burbank, Calif. The order requires Thomas Brodnicki to stay away from the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star and not attempt to contact her.
Another judge dropped a felony stalking charge against the 46-year-old last year after determining prosecutors hadn't proven he had caused fear in the star. Stewart twice delayed issuing a civil order until Brodnicki had an opportunity to respond.
The judge noted Friday that Gomez had reasonable cause to be afraid of Brodnicki, who threatened to kill the 19-year-old while on a psychiatric hold.
Gomez did not appear at Wednesday's hearing.
selena gomez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 37 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 7 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 38 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
7 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos