Judge orders man to stay away from Selena Gomez
BURBANK, Calif. (AP) - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A civil judge has granted Selena Gomez a three-year restraining order against a man accused of stalking the singer-actress.
Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart granted the stay-away order Friday in Burbank, Calif. The order requires Thomas Brodnicki to stay away from the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star and not attempt to contact her.
Another judge dropped a felony stalking charge against the 46-year-old last year after determining prosecutors hadn't proven he had caused fear in the star. Stewart twice delayed issuing a civil order until Brodnicki had an opportunity to respond.
The judge noted Friday that Gomez had reasonable cause to be afraid of Brodnicki, who threatened to kill the 19-year-old while on a psychiatric hold.
Gomez did not appear at Wednesday's hearing.
selena gomez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide 52 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack 35 min ago
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
52 min ago
- Lindenwold school bus crash caught on camera
45 min ago