Judge orders man to stay away from Selena Gomez
BURBANK, Calif. (AP) - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A civil judge has granted Selena Gomez a three-year restraining order against a man accused of stalking the singer-actress.
Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart granted the stay-away order Friday in Burbank, Calif. The order requires Thomas Brodnicki to stay away from the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star and not attempt to contact her.
Another judge dropped a felony stalking charge against the 46-year-old last year after determining prosecutors hadn't proven he had caused fear in the star. Stewart twice delayed issuing a civil order until Brodnicki had an opportunity to respond.
The judge noted Friday that Gomez had reasonable cause to be afraid of Brodnicki, who threatened to kill the 19-year-old while on a psychiatric hold.
Gomez did not appear at Wednesday's hearing.
selena gomez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 35 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 56 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 20 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
20 min ago