Ali returning home to Louisville for 70th birthday
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - January 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Muhammad Ali Center is planning a 70th birthday bash for the former heavyweight champion in his hometown of Louisville.
The party will highlight a series of events in Ali's hometown to mark his 70th birthday on Jan. 17.
Ali plans to attend the Jan. 14 private birthday party that will include dinner, entertainment and speeches. Ali Center spokeswoman Jeanie Kahnke said Saturday that Ali will be surrounded by old friends, including longtime trainer Angelo Dundee.
Kahnke said Ali and his wife, Lonnie, are looking forward to returning for the celebration. They have homes in Arizona, Michigan and Louisville.
A series of community events begins Jan. 15. The Ali Center is a cultural and education center that also includes a museum focusing on Ali's career as a boxer and humanitarian.
muhammad ali, kentucky, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 1 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 48 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos