Imagine this: 'American Idol' without Seacrest?
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - January 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Both Ryan Seacrest and Fox executives say they want Seacrest to remain as host of "American Idol" beyond this season. But Fox entertainment chief Kevin Reilly says it's been a "tough negotiation" to make that happen.
Both sides were tight-lipped about the state of those talks at news conferences on Sunday, a few weeks before the nation's most popular television show begins its 11th season.
Seacrest also had little to say about his talks with NBC Universal, where he also has a contract and there have been reports that executives there are interested in him as a replacement for Matt Lauer if Lauer leaves the "Today" show.
Without mentioning Lauer's name, Seacrest said "that job will be that person's job as long as that person wants the job."
american idol, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 13 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 8 min ago
- Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
8 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos