Imagine this: 'American Idol' without Seacrest?
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - January 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Both Ryan Seacrest and Fox executives say they want Seacrest to remain as host of "American Idol" beyond this season. But Fox entertainment chief Kevin Reilly says it's been a "tough negotiation" to make that happen.
Both sides were tight-lipped about the state of those talks at news conferences on Sunday, a few weeks before the nation's most popular television show begins its 11th season.
Seacrest also had little to say about his talks with NBC Universal, where he also has a contract and there have been reports that executives there are interested in him as a replacement for Matt Lauer if Lauer leaves the "Today" show.
Without mentioning Lauer's name, Seacrest said "that job will be that person's job as long as that person wants the job."
american idol, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Red Flag Warnings Posted 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 59 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 44 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Emaciated dog rescued from Wilmington home 12 min ago
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police