'Forrest Gump' actor Sinise to raise money for vet
TEMECULA, Calif. (AP) - January 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actor Gary Sinise, known for playing a soldier who loses his legs in the film "Forrest Gump," wants to stage a benefit concert to raise money to build a home in Temecula, Calif., for a Marine who lost his limbs in Afghanistan.
The Los Angeles Times reports (http://lat.ms/Aw0bi1 ) that Sinise, now starring in TV's "CSI New York," is expected to ask the Temecula City Council on Tuesday if he can hold a concert tentatively on March 1.
Sinise's Lt. Dan Band, named for his movie character, would perform and raise money for Marine Lance Cpl. Juan Dominguez, who lost his legs and right arm in 2010.
The Gary Sinise Foundation and the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation have built several such homes for wounded veterans.
california, veterans, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 58 min ago
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
58 min ago