'Forrest Gump' actor Sinise to raise money for vet
TEMECULA, Calif. (AP) - January 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actor Gary Sinise, known for playing a soldier who loses his legs in the film "Forrest Gump," wants to stage a benefit concert to raise money to build a home in Temecula, Calif., for a Marine who lost his limbs in Afghanistan.
The Los Angeles Times reports (http://lat.ms/Aw0bi1 ) that Sinise, now starring in TV's "CSI New York," is expected to ask the Temecula City Council on Tuesday if he can hold a concert tentatively on March 1.
Sinise's Lt. Dan Band, named for his movie character, would perform and raise money for Marine Lance Cpl. Juan Dominguez, who lost his legs and right arm in 2010.
The Gary Sinise Foundation and the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation have built several such homes for wounded veterans.
california, veterans, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 48 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 34 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's