'Forrest Gump' actor Sinise to raise money for vet
TEMECULA, Calif. (AP) - January 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actor Gary Sinise, known for playing a soldier who loses his legs in the film "Forrest Gump," wants to stage a benefit concert to raise money to build a home in Temecula, Calif., for a Marine who lost his limbs in Afghanistan.
The Los Angeles Times reports (http://lat.ms/Aw0bi1 ) that Sinise, now starring in TV's "CSI New York," is expected to ask the Temecula City Council on Tuesday if he can hold a concert tentatively on March 1.
Sinise's Lt. Dan Band, named for his movie character, would perform and raise money for Marine Lance Cpl. Juan Dominguez, who lost his legs and right arm in 2010.
The Gary Sinise Foundation and the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation have built several such homes for wounded veterans.
california, veterans, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos