Beyonce baby complaints at NY hospital dismissed
NEW YORK (AP) - January 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- New York health officials have reviewed and dismissed complaints patients in a hospital neonatal unit were mistreated while Beyonce was giving birth there to her and Jay-Z's daughter.
Health department spokesman Jeffrey Gordon says they received two complaints about Manhattan's Lenox Hill Hospital. He says both were dismissed by Wednesday night.
Beyonce gave birth to the couple's daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, on Saturday.
Media reports said the couple paid $1 million to take over a floor and their security guard blocked parents from the neonatal unit for hours. The hospital denied the reports, saying the couple paid the standard rate for an executive suite without disclosing what that is.
But hospital spokeswoman Barbara Osborn says the hospital's executive director is conducting an inquiry into the complaints about treatment of neonatal unit patients.
She's not even a week old, but Blue Ivy Carter is already making music history.
Billboard says that thanks to her dad, Jay-Z, featuring her on his new song, "Glory," Blue becomes the youngest person to ever appear on its chart.
Jay-Z released the song about his first-born child with wife Beyonce on Monday, and it immediately became a viral sensation. The song, which credits B.I.C., features the sound of Blue's cries at the end.
The song's refrain is "The most amazing feeling I feel/Words can't describe what I'm feeling for real/ Maybe I paint the sky blue/My greatest creation was you. You. Glory."
Now, the song will enter Billboard's chart next week at No. 74.
Blue was born Saturday, and her parents confirmed her birth Monday.
beyonce, hospitals, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ