Snoop Dogg hit with minor drug charge in Texas
EL PASO, Texas (AP) - January 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Rapper Snoop Dogg is facing a minor drug charge in Texas after border agents say they found several joints on his tour bus over the weekend.
Hudspeth County sheriff's office said in a statement that Snoop Dogg, whose name is Calvin Broadus, was arrested Saturday at the Sierra Blanca highway checkpoint and cited for possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor typical in cases involving small amounts of marijuana.
County Judge Becky Dean Walker says paraphernalia citations are typically resolved by a no contest plea and a mailed-in fine of up to $500.
The artist's agent didn't immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.
Country singer Willie Nelson was arrested in November 2010 for marijuana possession at that same checkpoint.
snoop dogg, drugs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book