Snoop Dogg hit with minor drug charge in Texas
EL PASO, Texas (AP) - January 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Rapper Snoop Dogg is facing a minor drug charge in Texas after border agents say they found several joints on his tour bus over the weekend.
Hudspeth County sheriff's office said in a statement that Snoop Dogg, whose name is Calvin Broadus, was arrested Saturday at the Sierra Blanca highway checkpoint and cited for possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor typical in cases involving small amounts of marijuana.
County Judge Becky Dean Walker says paraphernalia citations are typically resolved by a no contest plea and a mailed-in fine of up to $500.
The artist's agent didn't immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.
Country singer Willie Nelson was arrested in November 2010 for marijuana possession at that same checkpoint.
snoop dogg, drugs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 26 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 29 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 27 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
26 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
29 min ago