William Shatner to star in a one-man Broadway show
NEW YORK (AP) -January 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- William Shatner is boldly going back to where he once appeared - Broadway.
The actor, singer and writer best known as James T. Kirk on "Star Trek" will star in a one-man show called "Shatner's World: We Just Live in It." Previews begin Feb. 14 and it runs at the Music Box Theatre until March 4.
Producers said Tuesday "The two-hour show will take audiences on a voyage through Shatner's life and career, from Shakespearean stage actor to internationally known icon and raconteur."
Shatner was last on Broadway in "A Shot in the Dark" in 1961. The former "T.J. Hooker" star won an Emmy for his work on "Boston Legal."
His other Broadway credits include "Tamburlaine the Great" in 1956 and "The World of Suzie Wong" two years later.
broadway, william shatner, theater, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 20 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 2 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 40 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 17 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 3 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
20 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
17 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
18 min ago
- Person, cat rescued from New Castle fire
19 min ago