Editor: 100s of Pippa Middleton photos taken daily
LONDON (AP) - January 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- The picture editor of Britain's Daily Mail newspaper says he sees up to 400 photographs of the Duchess of Cambridge's sister, Pippa Middleton, cross his desk every day.
Paul Silva says the younger sister of the former Kate Middleton typically has eight or nine photographers camped outside her door and estimated that they produce between "300 to 400 pictures" of her daily.
Silva was answering questions at the Leveson Inquiry, a judge-led investigation into the ethics of the country's media.
The inquiry was set up in the wake of the phone-hacking scandal centered on Rupert Murdoch's News of the World and has heard from celebrities who say they were hounded by paparazzi.
Silva said Wednesday that he saw no need to constantly run photographs of Pippa Middleton.
pippa middleton, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 10 min ago
- Windy and cold today 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 40 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 29 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 36 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad