Singer Bryan Ferry marries in island ceremony
LONDON (AP) - January 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Singer and songwriter Bryan Ferry has married for the second time in a private ceremony on the Turks and Caicos Islands.
A spokesman for the 66-year-old Roxy Music star says he married 29-year-old Amanda Sheppard on Jan. 4 at a luxury resort in the British Caribbean territory.
The spokesman said in a statement Wednesday that Ferry wore a dark blue suit by Anderson & Sheppard, while the bride wore a white dress by Lanvin.
Ferry, who has had a recording career spanning nearly 40 years, was recently named a Commander of the British Empire, or CBE, by Queen Elizabeth II.
Roxy Music released its first single, "Virginia Plain," in 1972, and went on to have hits throughout the 1970s and 80s.
Ferry has also enjoyed a successful solo career and released his latest album, "Olympia," in 2010.
london, marriage, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 25 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 19 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 46 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
25 min ago