Keith Urban returning to stage after vocal surgery
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -January 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Keith Urban will return to the stage for the first time since vocal surgery on the Feb. 3 Grand Ole Opry.
The country superstar had a polyp removed from a vocal cord at Vanderbilt University Medical Center late last year and has been on vocal rest.
His appearance at The Ryman Auditorium next month will be his first public performance since he recorded a song for the "CMA Country Christmas" television special in mid-November.
He was forced to postpone his "All For The Hall" benefit concert for the Country Music Hall of Fame that was originally scheduled for Jan. 18. He also rescheduled the tail end of his 2011 concert tour for later this year.
The Grand Ole Opry also announced Urban will perform in March.
keith urban, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 11 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 59 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
12 min ago