Hawaii, New York top 3rd round of Miss America
LAS VEGAS (AP) - January 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A jump roping Miss Hawaii topped contestants in the third round of the Miss America talent competition in Las Vegas, while a swimsuit-clad Miss New York scored honors in the lifestyle and fitness category.
Miss Hawaii Lauren Cheape won a $2,000 scholarship for her routine to "Hawaii Five-O" at Thursday night's preliminary. The talent portion is 35 percent of a contestant's score.
Miss New York Kaitlin Monte earned a $1,000 scholarship after appearing in a Monte Carlo Komplique swimsuit. The fitness category is 15 percent of a contestant's score.
The two join Miss Wisconsin and Miss Oklahoma, who won for talent in preliminaries earlier this week. Miss Utah and Miss Texas won swimsuit in rounds one and two.
The finals are Saturday at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino.
las vegas, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 30 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 9 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 54 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
31 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
54 min ago