Hawaii, New York top 3rd round of Miss America
LAS VEGAS (AP) - January 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A jump roping Miss Hawaii topped contestants in the third round of the Miss America talent competition in Las Vegas, while a swimsuit-clad Miss New York scored honors in the lifestyle and fitness category.
Miss Hawaii Lauren Cheape won a $2,000 scholarship for her routine to "Hawaii Five-O" at Thursday night's preliminary. The talent portion is 35 percent of a contestant's score.
Miss New York Kaitlin Monte earned a $1,000 scholarship after appearing in a Monte Carlo Komplique swimsuit. The fitness category is 15 percent of a contestant's score.
The two join Miss Wisconsin and Miss Oklahoma, who won for talent in preliminaries earlier this week. Miss Utah and Miss Texas won swimsuit in rounds one and two.
The finals are Saturday at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino.
las vegas, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead 47 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 6 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims 46 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help 45 min ago
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 7 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos