Son of actor Ryan O'Neal a no show for sentencing
SAN DIEGO (AP) - January 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A San Diego judge has issued an arrest warrant for Griffin O'Neal after he failed to appear at a sentencing hearing.
U-T San Diego says the son of actor Ryan O'Neal checked himself into a residential rehabilitation facility instead of showing up for Thursday's hearing.
The 47-year-old faces up to four years in prison after pleading guilty to two felony charges of driving under the influence and possession of a firearm by a felon.
O'Neal was involved in a drug-fueled, head-on car accident in San Pasqual Aug. 2 that left another driver injured.
A $100,000 bench warrant was issued for his arrest.
O'Neal's lawyer Heather Boxeth says he relapsed by drinking alcohol after five years of sobriety and argued that going to rehab was a responsible thing to do.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 3 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 5 min ago
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month 47 min ago
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 40 min ago