Son of actor Ryan O'Neal a no show for sentencing
SAN DIEGO (AP) - January 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A San Diego judge has issued an arrest warrant for Griffin O'Neal after he failed to appear at a sentencing hearing.
U-T San Diego says the son of actor Ryan O'Neal checked himself into a residential rehabilitation facility instead of showing up for Thursday's hearing.
The 47-year-old faces up to four years in prison after pleading guilty to two felony charges of driving under the influence and possession of a firearm by a felon.
O'Neal was involved in a drug-fueled, head-on car accident in San Pasqual Aug. 2 that left another driver injured.
A $100,000 bench warrant was issued for his arrest.
O'Neal's lawyer Heather Boxeth says he relapsed by drinking alcohol after five years of sobriety and argued that going to rehab was a responsible thing to do.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 46 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos