Michelle Obama 'random dances' at Va. appearance
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) -January 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- They called it "random dancing" but First Lady Michelle Obama broke out some moves that resembled subdued variations of "the Monkey" or "the Jerk" during an appearance at a northern Virginia high school.
A screaming, raucous auditorium filled with elementary and middle school students greeted Obama and the cast of the Nickelodeon TV show "iCarly" at Hayfield Secondary School on Friday.
The appearance promoted an upcoming episode featuring Obama in which she thanks military families for their sacrifices.
A staple of the show is a segment of random dancing, which Obama performed both in the episode that premieres Monday and on stage Friday.
Obama's dance moves drew plaudits from the "iCarly" cast. But she drew some boos when she told students about legislation to add more vegetables to school lunches.
michelle obama, school, virginia, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 57 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 30 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 53 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 59 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
57 min ago