FX rolling the dice on Charlie Sheen
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - January 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- The chief of the FX network says he still hasn't seen a script for Charlie Sheen's new comedy "Anger Management," which is scheduled to debut in June.
FX's John Landgraf said Sunday that's a little unusual for the cable network.
FX almost never orders series without seeing a pilot episode, much less a script, in advance. But it still decided to take a risk with the actor who Landgraf said had "probably the most epic meltdown in the history of television."
But the network president said he believes FX is catching Sheen at the right time, when the actor is hungry for redemption.
There's also the chance for a big payday if it all works out.
charlie sheen, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 9 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos