FX rolling the dice on Charlie Sheen
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - January 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- The chief of the FX network says he still hasn't seen a script for Charlie Sheen's new comedy "Anger Management," which is scheduled to debut in June.
FX's John Landgraf said Sunday that's a little unusual for the cable network.
FX almost never orders series without seeing a pilot episode, much less a script, in advance. But it still decided to take a risk with the actor who Landgraf said had "probably the most epic meltdown in the history of television."
But the network president said he believes FX is catching Sheen at the right time, when the actor is hungry for redemption.
There's also the chance for a big payday if it all works out.
charlie sheen, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 9 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 8 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ