Golden Globes seen by almost 17 million viewers
NEW YORK - January 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Nielsen Co. says Sunday's Golden Globes ceremony was seen by 16.8 million TV viewers. It beat all network competition in its time period but dipped slightly from last year's audience for the film and TV awards show.
According to time zone-adjusted Nielsen "fast national" figures released Monday, the Globes finished within 1 percent of the 17 million viewers who tuned in to the 2011 broadcast.
Carried by NBC from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern time, the program aired live in every time zone. Some western markets also carried an encore telecast immediately following the live coverage.
British comedian-actor Ricky Gervais returned for his third go as host, lampooning many of the nominees, presenters and even the sponsoring Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
Golden Globes, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 43 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 5 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 10 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 44 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
43 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
5 min ago