Peter Dinklage spurs interest in assaulted dwarf
January 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Peter Dinklage ended his Golden Globes acceptance speech with a mention of an unfamiliar name, and the humble suggestion to "Google him."
Many did. After Dinklage's suggestion, Martin Henderson was a trending topic on Twitter. Those who searched him online found a heartbreaking story.
Henderson is a 37-year-old dwarf and aspiring actor who was left badly injured after being picked up and thrown to the ground outside a pub in southwest England. Henderson has said the Oct. 7 attack was inspired by a then-recent "dwarf-tossing" event that was attended by some members of England's national rugby team.
Dinklage won best supporting actor in a TV series, miniseries or movie for his performance in the HBO fantasy series "Game of Thrones." He earlier won an Emmy for the role.
Golden Globes, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 47 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 1 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
47 min ago