Ex-Miss USA appears on drunken driving charge
HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. (AP) - January 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Former Miss USA Rima Fakih has made an initial appearance in a Detroit-area courtroom in a drunken driving case.
A judge in the Detroit enclave of Highland Park on Wednesday set a March 14 trial date, but lawyers on both sides said they planned to talk in an attempt to resolve the case sooner.
After the hearing, Fakih told reporters she was sorry and her lawyer didn't want her to talk about the case.
Police say they found an open bottle of champagne on the floor behind the driver's seat when Fakih was stopped Dec. 3. She was accused of driving 60 mph in a 2011 Jaguar and weaving through traffic without using a signal.
The 26-year-old former Miss Michigan won the Miss USA Pageant in May 2010.
DUI, michigan, driving, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 5 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 47 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act