Ex-Miss USA appears on drunken driving charge
HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. (AP) - January 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Former Miss USA Rima Fakih has made an initial appearance in a Detroit-area courtroom in a drunken driving case.
A judge in the Detroit enclave of Highland Park on Wednesday set a March 14 trial date, but lawyers on both sides said they planned to talk in an attempt to resolve the case sooner.
After the hearing, Fakih told reporters she was sorry and her lawyer didn't want her to talk about the case.
Police say they found an open bottle of champagne on the floor behind the driver's seat when Fakih was stopped Dec. 3. She was accused of driving 60 mph in a 2011 Jaguar and weaving through traffic without using a signal.
The 26-year-old former Miss Michigan won the Miss USA Pageant in May 2010.
DUI, michigan, driving, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 54 min ago