Ex-Miss USA appears on drunken driving charge
HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. (AP) - January 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Former Miss USA Rima Fakih has made an initial appearance in a Detroit-area courtroom in a drunken driving case.
A judge in the Detroit enclave of Highland Park on Wednesday set a March 14 trial date, but lawyers on both sides said they planned to talk in an attempt to resolve the case sooner.
After the hearing, Fakih told reporters she was sorry and her lawyer didn't want her to talk about the case.
Police say they found an open bottle of champagne on the floor behind the driver's seat when Fakih was stopped Dec. 3. She was accused of driving 60 mph in a 2011 Jaguar and weaving through traffic without using a signal.
The 26-year-old former Miss Michigan won the Miss USA Pageant in May 2010.
DUI, michigan, driving, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 15 min ago
- Wet to Wintry 52 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 40 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school