Priceline sends Shatner's Negotiator over a cliff
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- William Shatner's stalwart Capt. James T. Kirk died in the line of duty. Now the actor's bargain-touting Priceline Negotiator is headed heroically to his final frontier.
In a new 30-second TV spot set to begin airing next week, the Negotiator rescues panicked vacationers from a bus teetering on a bridge's railing.
"Save yourselves - some money," he says, handing his cellphone to a passenger as he and the bus tumble into a dry creek bed. A violent explosion, real and computer-generated, follows.
Shatner says he's in "grief mode," adding that it's "not the first time I've had an iconic character die off."
Priceline says an advertising change was needed to reflect the company's changing strategy.
The new ad will start airing Monday and may be among next month's Super Bowl commercials.
william shatner, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos