Prince Harry to visit Brazil in March
LONDON (AP) -January 19. 2012 (WPVI) -- Britain's Prince Harry will visit Brazil in March to support his charities there and help enhance U.K.-Brazil ties.
St. James's Palace says the prince will visit Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paolo from March 9 to the 11th. The Brazil trip comes after Harry tours Belize, the Bahamas and Jamaica in the first week of March on behalf of Queen Elizabeth II as part of the her Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
The palace said Thursday that it would be the first time Harry visited any of the countries.
The Brazil tour is organized by Britain's Foreign Office, but Harry will stay on privately until March 14.
prince harry, brazil, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby 4 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 1 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge 2 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire 28 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting