Prince Harry to visit Brazil in March
LONDON (AP) -January 19. 2012 (WPVI) -- Britain's Prince Harry will visit Brazil in March to support his charities there and help enhance U.K.-Brazil ties.
St. James's Palace says the prince will visit Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paolo from March 9 to the 11th. The Brazil trip comes after Harry tours Belize, the Bahamas and Jamaica in the first week of March on behalf of Queen Elizabeth II as part of the her Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
The palace said Thursday that it would be the first time Harry visited any of the countries.
The Brazil tour is organized by Britain's Foreign Office, but Harry will stay on privately until March 14.
prince harry, brazil, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 7 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 59 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
59 min ago