Potter star Daniel Radcliffe at new film premiere
LONDON (AP) -January 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Daniel Radcliffe has attended a premiere for "The Woman in Black," his first movie role since the final Harry Potter movie was released last year.
Radcliffe, who is known to most movie-goers as the boy wizard Potter, says it felt "very natural" to move away from that character and start the next phase of his career.
The 22-year-old plays a widowed father and lawyer in the film adaptation of the Susan Hill's gothic ghost story, one of the longest-running plays in London's West End.
Nonetheless, many of Radcliffe's fans lining the red carpet at London's Royal Festival Hall on Tuesday greeted him with Potter books and other memorabilia to be signed.
Radcliffe attended the premiere with his co-star, British actress Liz White, who plays the title role.
daniel radcliffe, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
2 min ago