French president's son hospitalized in Ukraine
KIEV, Ukraine (AP) - January 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The son of French President Nicolas Sarkozy has been hospitalized with food poisoning in the Black Sea city of Odessa, French and Ukrainian officials said Wednesday.
Pierre Sarkozy, a rap producer in his twenties, has been taken to a hospital after feeling ill, French Embassy spokesman Emmanuel Berard told The Associated Press.
Anna Osipchuk, a spokeswoman for the city administration, said Sarkozy had food poisoning apparently contracted outside Ukraine, and was to be flown home to France Wednesday.
Sarkozy, also known as DJ Mosay, was in Odessa to perform at an elite club called Tchaikovsky on Tuesday, but the show was canceled after he fell ill, the club said.
Sarkozy is the French president's oldest son by his first wife, Marie-Dominique Culioli.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip 43 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 30 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
35 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
30 min ago