Winslet to receive honorary French 'Cesar'
PARIS (AP) - January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- British actress Kate Winslet is to receive an honorary award next month from organizers of the French equivalent of the Academy Awards.
The versatile 36-year-old now on French screens in Roman Polanski's clashing-couples film "Carnage" will receive the honorary Cesar at the ceremony on Feb. 24.
France's Academy of Cinematic Arts and Techniques presented nominations for the 37th Cesar Awards ceremony on Friday.
Child-protection drama "Polisse" led with 13 nominations, while silent, black-and-white film "The Artist" garnered 11.
France's National Cinematic Center has said French movie theaters sold 211 million tickets last year - a 45-year high, and a 4-percent increase from 2010.
kate winslet, france, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 3 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 10 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 43 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 17 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos