Winslet to receive honorary French 'Cesar'
PARIS (AP) - January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- British actress Kate Winslet is to receive an honorary award next month from organizers of the French equivalent of the Academy Awards.
The versatile 36-year-old now on French screens in Roman Polanski's clashing-couples film "Carnage" will receive the honorary Cesar at the ceremony on Feb. 24.
France's Academy of Cinematic Arts and Techniques presented nominations for the 37th Cesar Awards ceremony on Friday.
Child-protection drama "Polisse" led with 13 nominations, while silent, black-and-white film "The Artist" garnered 11.
France's National Cinematic Center has said French movie theaters sold 211 million tickets last year - a 45-year high, and a 4-percent increase from 2010.
kate winslet, france, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 35 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 17 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball