Sajak: Vanna and I drank between 'Wheel' tapings
NEW YORK (AP) -January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The "Wheel of Fortune" wasn't the only thing spinning for Pat Sajak and Vanna White back in the day.
Sajak said in an interview on ESPN2 this week that the long-time game show team would occasionally walk over to a restaurant for "two or three or six" margaritas during a break in taping early "Wheel of Fortune" shows in California. Sajak has hosted the show since 1981; White joined him a year later.
Sajak recalled the margarita stops after answering "yes" to a question about whether he had ever hosted the show "a little bit drunk."
Although he joked that he had "trouble recognizing the alphabet" for shows taped after the drinks, no one ever said anything to them.
Now that he's older, Sajak said he couldn't do that anymore.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 53 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 8 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes
- Down At The Shore