After surgery, Adele to perform at the Grammys
NEW YORK (AP) -January 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Adele is nominated for six Grammys, and she'll be on deck to collect anything she wins: The 23-year-old singer is set to perform at the awards show.
Adele had surgery on her vocal cords last year, and the Grammys will be the first time she has performed live in five months, The Recording Academy announced Tuesday.
Her sophomore album, "21," has sold more than 6 million copies in the U.S. It is nominated for album of the year and best pop vocal album. The CD has three singles that have hit the No. 1 spot on the Billboard chart, including "Rolling in the Deep," which is up for record and song of the year.
The Grammys will air live Feb. 12 on CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
Adele will also perform at the BRIT Awards on Feb. 21.
adele, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 51 min ago
- Temps soar above normal 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 46 min ago
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 55 min ago
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 39 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam 45 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
51 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
55 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
39 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
1 min ago