Fox: Abdul exiting 'X Factor'; third to leave show
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Paula Abdul says she's leaving "The X Factor" after one season as a judge on Simon Cowell's singing contest.
Abdul announced her exit Tuesday, on the heels of the departures of "X Factor" judge Nicole Scherzinger and host Steve Jones.
That leaves Cowell and Antonio "L.A." Reid on the judging panel. There was no immediate word from producers on who might fill the open seats.
Abdul said in a statement that she's learned that "business decisions often times override personal considerations" and that she and Cowell remain friends.
Despite respectable ratings, "X Factor" has failed to achieve popularity similar to "American Idol," which Cowell left to import "X Factor" from the U.K. to the U.S.
paula abdul, simon cowell, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 42 min ago
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 15 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 40 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 41 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 7 min ago
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
38 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
37 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
42 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police...
41 min ago