NJ city turns down 'Jersey Shore' spinoff
HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) - February 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- The city of Frank Sinatra's birth has denied a request for a spinoff of MTV's "Jersey Shore" reality show to film in the city.
Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer says the Film Commission's decision was made based on safety and quality of life concerns for residents of the city along the Hudson River.
Hoboken officials say 495 Productions was seeking a 24-hour filming permit to follow two "well-known reality television celebrities" who would live in the city.
It's not clear who the personalities would be. But The Jersey Journal reported last month that MTV was scouting locations for Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley.
The company, which has filmed "Jersey Shore" in Seaside Heights, Miami and Italy, can appeal the decision to the Hoboken City Council.
jersey shore, snooki, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 48 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 49 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos