NJ city turns down 'Jersey Shore' spinoff
HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) - February 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- The city of Frank Sinatra's birth has denied a request for a spinoff of MTV's "Jersey Shore" reality show to film in the city.
Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer says the Film Commission's decision was made based on safety and quality of life concerns for residents of the city along the Hudson River.
Hoboken officials say 495 Productions was seeking a 24-hour filming permit to follow two "well-known reality television celebrities" who would live in the city.
It's not clear who the personalities would be. But The Jersey Journal reported last month that MTV was scouting locations for Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley.
The company, which has filmed "Jersey Shore" in Seaside Heights, Miami and Italy, can appeal the decision to the Hoboken City Council.
jersey shore, snooki, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Hit and Run driver leaves victim on Roxborough street 13 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 43 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
53 min ago