Schwarzenegger visits Taj Mahal, finds it closed
NEW DELHI - February 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Arnold Schwarzenegger's dream of visiting the Taj Mahal has been dashed.
The former California governor traveled to the Indian city of Agra on Friday, the one day each week the monument is closed to tourists because of Muslim prayers at a nearby mosque.
His tour guide Nitin Singh said the movie star was disappointed and had to view the Taj Mahal from a nearby road.
Schwarzenegger took pictures with his cellphone and posed for photos with the Taj as the backdrop.
He is in India for an environmental conference.
He told a TV channel he would consider acting in Bollywood if offered an interesting script with a good director.
"I'll be back," he told the cheering studio audience.
arnold schwarzenegger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 50 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 7 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 41 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 53 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
16 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
50 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
41 min ago