Schwarzenegger visits Taj Mahal, finds it closed
NEW DELHI - February 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Arnold Schwarzenegger's dream of visiting the Taj Mahal has been dashed.
The former California governor traveled to the Indian city of Agra on Friday, the one day each week the monument is closed to tourists because of Muslim prayers at a nearby mosque.
His tour guide Nitin Singh said the movie star was disappointed and had to view the Taj Mahal from a nearby road.
Schwarzenegger took pictures with his cellphone and posed for photos with the Taj as the backdrop.
He is in India for an environmental conference.
He told a TV channel he would consider acting in Bollywood if offered an interesting script with a good director.
"I'll be back," he told the cheering studio audience.
arnold schwarzenegger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 41 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 57 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
19 min ago