Schwarzenegger visits Taj Mahal, finds it closed
NEW DELHI - February 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Arnold Schwarzenegger's dream of visiting the Taj Mahal has been dashed.
The former California governor traveled to the Indian city of Agra on Friday, the one day each week the monument is closed to tourists because of Muslim prayers at a nearby mosque.
His tour guide Nitin Singh said the movie star was disappointed and had to view the Taj Mahal from a nearby road.
Schwarzenegger took pictures with his cellphone and posed for photos with the Taj as the backdrop.
He is in India for an environmental conference.
He told a TV channel he would consider acting in Bollywood if offered an interesting script with a good director.
"I'll be back," he told the cheering studio audience.
arnold schwarzenegger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish