First lady trip to mark "Let's Move" anniversary
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Michelle Obama is marking the second anniversary of her "Let's Move" campaign against childhood obesity.
The first lady plans a three-day national tour beginning Thursday. It will include stops in Iowa, Arkansas, Texas and Florida.
Her first stop is an arena in Des Moines, Iowa, where more than 10,000 children will do some physical activity.
She'll wind up at Disney World in Orlando, where Disney stars, athletes and local kids will all come together to get moving. Along the way, the first lady will highlight roles that churches, restaurants, schools, businesses, families and the military can play in fighting obesity.
The first lady's goal is to solve the problem of childhood obesity within a generation.
michelle obama, children, obesity, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness