Jason Segel honored by Harvard theater group
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - February 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actor Jason Segel has been honored as Man of the Year by Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
He got the traditional pudding pot Friday evening after a roast by the nation's oldest undergraduate drama troupe.
Segel plays Marshall Eriksen on the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother." He co-wrote and starred in last year's "The Muppets." And Friday he sang a version of "Rainbow Connection" written by the troupe.
Segel got his start in the short-lived but critically acclaimed television series "Freaks and Geeks." He later wrote and starred in the 2008 movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," which earned more than $100 million worldwide.
Hasty Pudding honored actress Claire Danes as its Woman of the Year.
Last year's Man of the Year was Jay Leno.
massachusetts, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 27 min ago
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
27 min ago