Jason Segel honored by Harvard theater group
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - February 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actor Jason Segel has been honored as Man of the Year by Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
He got the traditional pudding pot Friday evening after a roast by the nation's oldest undergraduate drama troupe.
Segel plays Marshall Eriksen on the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother." He co-wrote and starred in last year's "The Muppets." And Friday he sang a version of "Rainbow Connection" written by the troupe.
Segel got his start in the short-lived but critically acclaimed television series "Freaks and Geeks." He later wrote and starred in the 2008 movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," which earned more than $100 million worldwide.
Hasty Pudding honored actress Claire Danes as its Woman of the Year.
Last year's Man of the Year was Jay Leno.
massachusetts, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 2 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 33 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
29 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
33 min ago