Jason Segel honored by Harvard theater group
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - February 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actor Jason Segel has been honored as Man of the Year by Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
He got the traditional pudding pot Friday evening after a roast by the nation's oldest undergraduate drama troupe.
Segel plays Marshall Eriksen on the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother." He co-wrote and starred in last year's "The Muppets." And Friday he sang a version of "Rainbow Connection" written by the troupe.
Segel got his start in the short-lived but critically acclaimed television series "Freaks and Geeks." He later wrote and starred in the 2008 movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," which earned more than $100 million worldwide.
Hasty Pudding honored actress Claire Danes as its Woman of the Year.
Last year's Man of the Year was Jay Leno.
massachusetts, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 8 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 44 min ago