Jason Segel honored by Harvard theater group
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - February 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actor Jason Segel has been honored as Man of the Year by Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
He got the traditional pudding pot Friday evening after a roast by the nation's oldest undergraduate drama troupe.
Segel plays Marshall Eriksen on the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother." He co-wrote and starred in last year's "The Muppets." And Friday he sang a version of "Rainbow Connection" written by the troupe.
Segel got his start in the short-lived but critically acclaimed television series "Freaks and Geeks." He later wrote and starred in the 2008 movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," which earned more than $100 million worldwide.
Hasty Pudding honored actress Claire Danes as its Woman of the Year.
Last year's Man of the Year was Jay Leno.
massachusetts, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish