Obama refuses to pick sides in Super Bowl
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama isn't picking sides this Super Bowl Sunday.
In an interview with NBC's Matt Lauer before the championship game, Obama would only say he expects a "great game."
"You're not to get me (to pick), I'm going to look for a great game," Obama said with a coy smile.
In a pre-Super Bowl interview just a few days into his presidency in 2009, Obama correctly predicted a Pittsburgh Steelers win over the Arizona Cardinals.
But, facing re-election, Obama said he wasn't picking sides this time.
Earlier in the day, Obama said on Twitter that he was looking forward to game but wished his hometown team, the Chicago Bears, "weren't watching it from home, too."
president barack obama, super bowl, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 19 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos