Obama refuses to pick sides in Super Bowl
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama isn't picking sides this Super Bowl Sunday.
In an interview with NBC's Matt Lauer before the championship game, Obama would only say he expects a "great game."
"You're not to get me (to pick), I'm going to look for a great game," Obama said with a coy smile.
In a pre-Super Bowl interview just a few days into his presidency in 2009, Obama correctly predicted a Pittsburgh Steelers win over the Arizona Cardinals.
But, facing re-election, Obama said he wasn't picking sides this time.
Earlier in the day, Obama said on Twitter that he was looking forward to game but wished his hometown team, the Chicago Bears, "weren't watching it from home, too."
president barack obama, super bowl, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 40 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 10 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos