Tony Danza to hit Broadway in 'Honeymoon in Vegas'
NEW YORK - February 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tony Danza is Broadway-bound, starring in a musical based on the movie "Honeymoon in Vegas."
Producers said Monday that the former "Taxi" star will play a Vegas wiseguy in the show, which makes its debut in November in Toronto. It is then headed to Broadway in the spring of 2013.
The musical features music and lyrics by Tony Award winner Jason Robert Brown and a book by Andrew Bergman, who also directed and wrote the film.
The 1992 movie starred James Caan, Nicolas Cage and Sarah Jessica Parker. It tells the story of a reluctant groom whose bride-to-be is courted by Danza's character.
Danza was on Broadway in Mel Brooks' musical "The Producers" and in the 1997 production of "A View from the Bridge."
new york city, broadway, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 58 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish